Student Name: Matthew Fung
Today’s Date: 10/29/10
Game Title Examined: Tetris
Year of Publication: 1984
Game Publisher: Nintendo and more.
Game Developer: Alexey Pajiitnov
Game Genre (e.g. shoot-em-up, racing, sports, puzzle, MMORPG, ‘sandbox’, music sequence following game (e.g. DDR, guitar hero):
Puzzle
Type of game ‘world’ or environment (e.g. flat environment, puzzle/maze space, 3D world?)
Puzzle - one screen - blocks coming down.
Perspective taken by player (e.g first person, third person perspective, top down, isometric) in relation to main player controlled character.
1D
Gameplay – what does the player have to do?
Player has to change the direction of the different blocks to create rows that'll disappear when row is full.
Is the gameplay intuitive? (i.e. is it easy to understand what to do without instructions?) describe.
Yes, pressing the buttons will change the direction of the block and when the screen gets full, the player loses.
Is the gameplay patterned (game does the same thing over & over) or is it random (happens differently every time?)
I feel like gameplay is random but I heard some people say it's patterned.
I feel like gameplay is random but I heard some people say it's patterned.

No comments:
Post a Comment